We provide below a posting for our internship and volunteer opportunities. For an overview of our program, please see www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org
- For a general posting, please scroll down.
- For postings on opportunities for each charitable cause, please see the links in the Causes section below.
- Click to learn about our online community service opportunities.
- Click for information on becoming a Campus Rep.
- Click for information for International applicants.
- Click to learn about our sister organization, FreeTheTextbooks.org
Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Make a Difference!
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to improve the lives of millions.
- Help us capture for nonprofits – or other causes you care about –some of the $250 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do.
- Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities.
- Work from our Manhattan office or remotely.
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation.
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents.
At the same time that a million nonprofits desperately need more funds to accomplish their missions, Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. Most of those presents are not very rewarding. Tons of sweaters, fuzzy slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets.
It is no surprise that a growing number of people, who seek meaning more than things, are starting to show their love by donating in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents.
The challenge for nonprofits is that it is simply too daunting to provide the requisite gift-like experience (tangible charitable gifts, wish lists and registries, and personalized printed greeting cards) that can make a donation feel like a rewarding gift. ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors.
We are about to take ChangingThePresent to the next level. That involves expanding from the initial 400 organizations to invite all 1.1 million nonprofits; adding additional causes and categories. Within each cause area, we will seek growth funding, invite advisors, recruit nonprofits, use media and social media to raise awareness among the public, and recruit celebrities to lend their voices.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this type of meaningful giving.
You can focus on your favorite cause, or category (religion, ethnic, city, or country)
Here are some of the options. Click any links to see specific postings we have for some of them.
African-American, Aging, Agriculture, Animals, Arts and Culture, Blindness & Vision, Books for Kids, Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children, China, Christian, Civil Society, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Conserve Sea And Marine Resources, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Education (Art), Education (Early Childhood), Education (Higher), Education (K-12), Education (Music), Education (Special), Education (STEM), Education (Vocational), Environment, Financial Literacy, Gender Equality, Global Health, Global Warming, Health, Hispanic, HIV and AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, Inclusive Cities, Inclusive Societies, India, Jewish, Latino, LGBTQ, Legal Services, Mental Health, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, New York, Peace, Poverty, Protect Environment And Biodiversity, Public Broadcast, Reduce Inequality, Refugees, Sexual Abuse, Stem Education, Strengthen Global Partnerships, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable Economy, Sustainable Energy, Sustainable Industrialization, Technology, Urgent Action On Climate Change, Veterans, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports, etc.
Focus on Your Professional Field
Use and enhance your professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, supply chain management, and activism.
A Great Place to Work
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than forty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills. We also welcome OPT students.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan. (Catch a game or concert after work.)
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
- We provide a great opportunity to gain experience as you make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
Learn More, Apply Now, and Share
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume and short cover letter to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
Please let us know:
- how you can help
- what causes you are passionate about
- whether you would like to work from our office or remotely
- when you are available (dates, days, and hours).
For more information, please see the illustrated presentation at
Please spread the word about us via social media and other channels. This page has images that are just the right size for Facebook and Twitter.