Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Support Veterans and Make a Difference in Their Lives!
Be a Leader
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to improve the lives of millions of men and women who served our country.
- Help us channel to nonprofits that assist Veterans – or other causes you care about –some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do.
- Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities.
- Work from our Manhattan office or remotely.
- Enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service
- Earn a glowing letter of recommendation to help advance your studies and career.
Use and enhance your professional skills
Use your skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism.
Focus on Veterans or Your Other Favorite Cause
At ChangingThePresent you can focus on Veterans or any other favorite cause.
The NY Times called ChangingThePresent.org “an amazon.com of the nonprofit world.” Our business-like approach channels funding to nonprofits so they can better fulfill their missions.
We help nonprofits capture some of the $450 billion that Americans, alone, spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. We do so by making the experience of donating in a friend’s name feel like a rewarding alternative to buying and giving more “stuff.” Visitors can choose from among thousands of tangible gift opportunities (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.) from hundreds of leading nonprofits, send personalized printed greeting cards, and share wish lists & registries. Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this as a norm.
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents. Now, we are about to offer this opportunity to all million nonprofits. You can help us reach all nonprofits that serve Veterans, as well as individuals who would rather support them than buy another vase or picture frame.
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than forty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
We provide a great opportunity to make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
Please Share This Opportunity
Please help other students and graduates, and also make a difference, by sharing this opportunity. Use the social media buttons on the left side of our web page, or share the following via email, FB, Twitter, etc. We also have banners you can share here.
For more information, please see the illustrated presentation at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Please send a resume and short cover letter to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.