Make a Difference for Women and Girls! Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org
The NY Times called ChangingThePresent.org “an amazon.com of the nonprofit world.” Our business-like approach channels funding to nonprofits so they can better fulfill their missions.
We help them capture some of the $450 billion that Americans, alone, spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. We do so by making the experience of donating in a friend’s name feel like a rewarding alternative to buying and giving more “stuff.” Visitors can choose from among thousands of tangible gift opportunities (preserve an acre of the rainforest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.) from hundreds of leading nonprofits, send personalized printed greeting cards, and share wish lists & registries.
What You Will Gain from the Experience
At ChangingThePresent.org, you will:
- Make a big impact in the world. You will help channel to nonprofits addressing your favorite causes some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on presents. That will enable them to do their important work.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent.
- Assume responsibility and take a leadership role.
- Learn a tremendous amount.
- Have a great time working with wonderful people from around the world in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service.
- Earn a great recommendation letter to help advance your studies and career.
Focus on Your Field of Study or Your Favorite Cause
- You can focus on your professional field of studies, including Human Resources (HR), graphics, marketing, social media, communications, finance, business, tech (computer science, information technology, etc.), supply chain management, or accounting.
- You can also focus on your favorite cause, including any of those listed below.
Focus on Your Favorite Causes
We address all causes, as well as ethnic, religious, city, and country categories. You can focus on your favorites. Here are some of them:
African-American, Aging, Agriculture, Animals, Arts and Culture, Blindness & Vision, Books for Kids , Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children, China, Christian, Civil Society, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Conserve Sea And Marine Resources, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Education (Art), Education (Early Childhood), Education (Higher), Education (K-12), Education (Music), Education (Special), Education (STEM), Education (Vocational), Environment, Financial Literacy, Gender Equality, Global Health, Global Warming, Health, Hispanic, HIV and AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, Inclusive Cities, Inclusive Societies, India, Jewish, Latino, LGBTQ, Legal Services, Mental Health, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, New York, Peace, Poverty, Protect Environment And Biodiversity, Public Broadcast, Reduce Inequality, Refugees, Sexual Abuse, Stem Education, Strengthen Global Partnerships, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable Economy, Sustainable Energy, Sustainable Industrialization, Technology, Urgent Action On Climate Change, Veterans, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports, etc
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people show their love by sharing the experience of changing the world for the better.
This is a great place to work. We have interns and volunteers from all over the United States and all around the world. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from great high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make the greatest impact with their skills.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
We provide a great experience, but this is an unpaid position.
Learn More, Apply Now, and Share
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference? Please see the slideshow at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
Then send a resume and short cover letter (which should say if you will be here or remote, and when you would want to join us) to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
You can also help when you share word of this opportunity via social media and other channels. This page has banners that are just the right size for Facebook and Twitter.