Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to
Support LGBTQA and Make a Difference!
Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to improve the lives of millions of people in the LGBTQA community
- Make the world a better place. You can help nonprofits that support LGBTQ (as well as other causes you care about) capture some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent.
- Assume responsibility. Be a leader.
- Learn a tremendous amount.
- Work with great people from around the world and have the best time.
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter recommendation.
- Work in our Manhattan office or remotely.
- You will engage nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, social media, partners, and celebrities. You will help grow the movement to facilitate and encourage this type of meaningful giving.
ChangingThePresent.org provides a gift-like experience, which helps 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents. The NY Times called it an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world.”
While a million nonprofits desperately need more funding, Americans spend $250 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. A pioneering nonprofit, Heifer International, has shown that nonprofits can capture some of that money by making donations, given in a friend’s name, feel like a present. It works! They raise $123 million a year this way. Imagine how much more gift money could be captured by nonprofits addressing popular causes, including your favorites. The challenge is that it is too daunting for most nonprofits to provide a gift-like experience: tangible donation opportunities, wish lists, gift registries, and personalized printed greeting cards. We make it easy.
Focus on Animals or Your Other Favorite Cause
Make a difference for animals--or other causes, including: Disaster Relief, Education, Housing, Human Rights, Hunger, Millennium Goals, Water, Community, Aging, Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Civil Society, Peace, Public Broadcast, Refugees, Veterans, Women, Environment, Agriculture, Animal Welfare, Environment, Global Warming, Health and Safety, Blindness & Vision, Bullying, Slavery and Human Trafficking, Cancer, Disabilities, Global Health, HIV/AIDS, Landmines, LGBTQ, Medical Research, Literacy, Mental Health, Population, Opportunity, Micro-credit, Poverty Alleviation, Social Entrepreneurs, Technology and the Digital Divide, Music Education, Art Education, STEM Education, Books for kids, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Religious, Churches, Latino, African-American, Asian, Indian, Chinese, etc.
Taking it to the Next Level
With your help, we will take it to the next level. We will:
- expand beyond the initial 400 featured nonprofits and invite all million nonprofits and 135,000 schools to join the site
- add additional causes and categories so we cover them all
- market specifically to each cause
- provide each nonprofit with their own private, charitable gift site so they can send supporters without exposing them to other nonprofits. See a sample: http://SampleNGO.GiftsForHumanity.org.
Use your professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism. People focusing on specific causes might choose to focus on identifying and contacting corporate sponsors and foundations for growth funding, raising awareness among nonprofits so they know of this opportunity, raising awareness among the public via magazines, websites, blogs, professional associations, student organizations, celebrities, and social media.
The Office Environment
This is a great place to work. We have interns and volunteers from all over the United States and all around the world. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from great high school, undergraduate, graduate students, and international students, as well as professionals, those doing OPT, people on F-2 or H-4 visas, and others who want to make the greatest impact with their skills.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
We provide a great experience, but we have only unpaid positions.
Learn More, Apply Now, and Share
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference? Please see the slideshow at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
Then send a resume and short cover letter (which should say if you will be here or remote, and when you would want to join us) to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
You can also help make a difference when you share word of this opportunity via social media and other channels. The Banners page of the site above has images that are just the right size for Facebook and Twitter.
Great Reviews of ChangingThePresent.org
Our former interns and volunteers will provide a great review of ChangingThePresent.org, and we would be glad to introduce you to them so you can hear it first-hand.
Please spread the word about us via social media and other channels. The Banners page of this site has images that are the right size for Facebook and Twitter.