Wedding & Bridal Internship / Volunteer Role to Make a Difference!
Love the wedding and bridal sector? Want to make the world a better place? This is the opportunity you have been looking for!
About Charitable Wedding Registries
More and more couples care more about making the world a better place than about receiving one more gravy boat. They are creating charitable wedding registries to encourage friends to make donations in their name in lieu of buying more “stuff.”
“Donations in lieu of wedding favors are gaining popularity.”
“Instead of giving favors. . . a donation to their favorite charity" – Kara Corridan, Exec Editor of Modern Bride Magazine
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping leading nonprofits capture some of the money normally spent on traditional presents. We do that by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend’s name, feel like a rewarding gift.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this type of meaningful giving.
Wedding registries account for $20 billion a year in presents, so this is an important opportunity for us.
You can help us raise awareness and encourage this type of giving. We will be reaching out to wedding magazines, websites, blogs, planners, photographers, designers, social media leaders, YouTube stars, and others connected to the wedding market.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to connect with the wedding industry and make the world a better place.
- Help us capture for nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do.
- Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving.
- Work from our Manhattan office or remotely.
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation.
You can also focus on your favorite cause, or category (religion, ethnic, city, or country)
We are also recruiting interns to focus on each specific cause. Please share this opportunity with your friends, whatever their interest.
African-American, Aging, Agriculture, Animals, Arts and Culture, Blindness & Vision, Books for Kids, Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children, China, Christian, Civil Society, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Conserve Sea And Marine Resources, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Education (Art), Education (Early Childhood), Education (Higher), Education (K-12), Education (Music), Education (Special), Education (STEM), Education (Vocational), Environment, Financial Literacy, Gender Equality, Global Health, Global Warming, Health, Hispanic, HIV and AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, Inclusive Cities, Inclusive Societies, India, Jewish, Latino, LGBTQ, Legal Services, Mental Health, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, New York, Peace, Poverty, Protect Environment And Biodiversity, Public Broadcast, Reduce Inequality, Refugees, Sexual Abuse, Stem Education, Strengthen Global Partnerships, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable Economy, Sustainable Energy, Sustainable Industrialization, Technology, Urgent Action On Climate Change, Veterans, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports, etc.
Focus on Your Professional Field
We also see interns and volunteers to apply their professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, supply chain management, and activism.
A Great Place to Work
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than fifty countries. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We are also casual. Wear whatever you want.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills. We also welcome OPT students.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan. (Catch a game or concert after work.)
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
We provide a great opportunity to gain experience as you make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
Please spread the word about us via social media and other channels. We have images that are just the right size for Facebook and Twitter at http://www.changingthepresent-join.org/banners.html.
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume and short cover letter to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
Please let us know:
- how you can help
- what you want to focus on (wedding, causes, or professional skills)
- whether you would like to work from our office or remotely
- when you are available (dates, days, and hours).